I discovered a dairy & a soy intolerance that has helped me manage swelling and stiffness. It's been easier to keep my diet clean and it's made cooking fun. I get to find new combinations for foods all the time!
I've decided to go ahead and do it again leading up to Michael's class reunion on the 24th of September. It will be a little different this time. Mainly in that I'm looking forward to it instead of dreading it.
I'm making some personal modifications.
The original Whole 30 eliminates:
- Soy (includes soy lecithin)
- Grains (includes corn & quinoa)
- Added sugar (includes honey, agave and pure maple syrup)
- Legumes (includes peanuts, peanut butter, peas and chick peas)
- Alcohol & Tobacco
- MSG, carrageenan & sulfites
For my 17 I'll follow the guidelines above with the following exceptions:
- natural peanut butter
- Sun Warrior vegan protein [contains stevia & guar gum]
- unsweetened chocolate almond milk [contains carrageenan]