Thursday, September 22, 2016
What I am looking forward to most this fall.....
It might not feel like it in most parts of the country, but today is the first day of fall. It’s time for football, soup, leather jackets and lazy Sunday mornings.
To me, fall signals a time for change & I long for it every year. It’s pretty much engrained in us when we reach school age: fall is when we got a new wardrobe, new teacher, new supplies, new things to learn and usually a few new friends!
Here are 10 things I am looking forward to this fall:
1. The changing leaves. One of the benefits of moving to Arkansas is the return of seasons. Central Arkansas is just on the cusp of the Ouachita Mountains, which means we have hills and rivers and trees that turn the most amazing shade of blaze orange.
2. Breakfast on the back deck. This is something we can’t enjoy in the humid summers in the south. The fall is a great opportunity to take advantage of the privacy our back deck offers and the green space that backs up to our property.
3. Game-Day Chili. Fall means football, and one of our favorite Sunday traditions is making a pot of hearty soup or our favorite chili.
4. Slippers. I love comfortable, loafer-style, fuzzy-lined slippers. Once the evening temperatures dip below 50 they come out of the closet and stay out as long as possible.
5. Boots, jeans and leather jackets. In my world, nothing is more versatile and classic than an outfit that encompasses these three things.
6. Quality reading time. I read year round, a lot. But there is just something about snuggling under a blanket and a good book that satisfies my need for comfort and feeds my imagination.
7. Decorating. October 1 might just be my favorite day of the year. It’s the day I clean out all my summer flowers, head to the nursery and get my fall blooms. I also swap out the mat on the front porch, pull out the pumpkins and light the apple pie scented candles.
8. Exercising outside. We don’t go out much in the summer months, but in the fall we hit the trails hard. I also have a marathon coming up in January so temperatures in the mornings should be perfect for training.
9. Organizing my fall wardrobe. I have spent September on a quest to find simplicity in my wardrobe and build a capsule from what I already have. I am finishing this task during the last 8 days of the month and can’t wait to wear my “new” wardrobe!
10. A new television season. I love the season and series premieres that come around this time of year. It’s like catching up with old friends or making new ones!
It probably seems I've abandoned the blog - but I haven't! The last few months have been crazy; I got hired on full time (FINALLY!) ...
$725 of $1,000 raised for the Steel City Greyhounds! https://www.crowdrise.com/ steelcitygreyhoundspitt2017/ fundraiser/kristenlippencott...
I am slowly but surely coming into this new year. It's already the 11th day and I feel like I have accomplished so much already, but the...