If you are anything like me, you have a million "small" gifts to buy, and all those can make quite a dent in your holiday budget. Magazines this time of year are filled with gift guides. You know the ones I am talking about - for that "office mate that has it all", they recommend a $90 cashmere scarf. I don't know about you, but that just isn't realistic in my budget.
I am a believer that small, meaningful gifts are best - if you are buying just to buy, that often comes across as insincere. Gift cards are often popular but I, personally, am not a fan for holiday gift-giving.
Here are a few small gifts that I've found this year. I often buy these type of gifts and they are usually well received and appreciated. And while it might not be something the person would buy for themselves, it will be something they can enjoy.
1. Your fanatic Words with Friends friend. How about a personalized Scrabble® Mug? ($10 + free shipping with order - limited letters available when you follow that link)
2. The co-worker who can't go without their morning Starbucks run? How about this cute logo mug ($6.95) and these VIA® Ready Blend Holiday Brew. (only $5.21 through Sunday, December 7)
3. The regulars that keep your beauty in check and your body happy (Your hairdresser, masseuse, aesthetician, personal trainer, etc.)? Right now Philosophy® has their full size bath gels on sale 3/$33 dollars when you use the promo code cheers That's 3 gifts, done and done! (but the sale ends TODAY!) They are also offering a variety of holiday gifts that can be split, including this Holiday Spice Rack Trio for $27. That's less than $10 a person! Score! These can also work for those hard to buy for friends that love to experiment with their beauty routines and love all things scented and good to your skin.
4. Your aunt and uncle that have EVERYTHING! Do they drink coffee or tea? A small, thoughtful gift is very well received from these types of family members (who, if anything like ours will say "please don't get me anything". For our aunts and uncles we put together a nice gift with assorted holiday coffee or tea samples, like the ones linked by Harry & David. There are a variety of price points, starting at $25. This is also where I use the "split the gift basket" approach. We have also gifted them a pound of a seasonal coffee with the same spread the love philosophy.
5. The wine drinker. Well all know one. I have been giving this combo pack for years and it's always surprisingly enjoyed by all of my wine drinking friends...and it's so affordable! It's not available online, but I suggest you either find somewhere that has it or get your tail to World Market and buy a few bottles...it says prices vary, but I've always paid around $5 each, but don't let the price scare you off. These are a great Mediterranean Red and Mediterranean White
6. The biking enthusiast. Whether they prefer indoor or out, this Bike Chain Bottle Opener is the perfect gift for the cycling superstar on your list and it's only $10.
Photo Credit: Getty Images